Job Opening: Deputy Director, Jubilee USA Network, DC
Deputy Director Job Opening
Jubilee USA Network seeks to immediately hire a Deputy Director at Jubilee’s fast-paced and results-motivated national office. Jubilee seeks exceptional, professional, strategic and organized individuals who are passionate to impact policies that affect millions of vulnerable people annually.
Supervisor: The Deputy Director is hired and supervised by the Executive Director.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Jubilee USA Network is an alliance of more than 75 U.S. organizations, 300 faith communities and 50 Jubilee global partners. Jubilee’s mission is to build an economy that serves, protects and promotes participation of the most vulnerable. Jubilee wins critical global financial reforms and has won more than $130 billion in debt relief to benefit the world’s poorest people.
Jubilee USA Network Deputy Director Job Description:
The Deputy Director is a senior staff position at Jubilee USA who supervises staff members to orchestrate effective policy, communications and organizing projects. He or she liaises with partners, raises program monies and supports the Executive Director to raise the overall annual budget and monitor organizational finances.
- Supervise Jubilee’s outreach, advocacy and communications team members. The Deputy Director also supervises finance and administrative staff when necessary
- Serve as one of Jubilee’s primary public policy advocates and engage in direct advocacy with Congress, foreign embassy staff and the Executive Branch in support of Jubilee’s advocacy agenda
- Liaise with Jubilee’s 75 Network Council members and build Network Council member collaboration on Jubilee’s primary policy initiatives
- Stay abreast on new developments on issues of international finance, development, tax and international financial institutions and brief the Executive Director on strategic opportunities around our goals
- Write and edit education, advocacy, funding and communications materials for Members of Congress, journalists, donors, funders, other decision makers, supporters and partners
- Oversee the development and implementation of Jubilee’s organizing, communications, advocacy and program fundraising work plan
- Maintain and deepen relationships with Jubilee’s key organizational partners and funders. He or she is one of Jubilee’s primary representatives in meetings with policy makers, officials, coalitions and funders
- Fundraise to support Jubilee’s key programs and support the Executive Director to raise the organization’s overall annual budget and monitor organizational finances
Leading candidates will possess the following qualities:
- At least 5 years of professional experience or legal or graduate studies in 3 or more of the following areas: organizing, advocacy, faith-based ministry, fundraising, communications, management, strategic planning, research, monitoring finances and building budgets or policy analysis
- Experience working with or motivated interest to work with religious organizations
- Demonstrated concern and awareness of financial issues and their impacts on vulnerable populations
- Highly organized
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to commit to Jubilee USA for a minimum of two years
Candidates must either hold U.S. citizenship or a U.S. work permit.
Compensation: Salary range dependent on experience. Strong, comprehensive medical and hospitalization plan; starting at 3 weeks of vacation and an 8 day office closure at the end of the year, generous compensation time policy plus fringe benefits; up to 5 percent annual cost-of-living adjustment based on budget and employee’s ability to meet expectations; participation in unemployment and worker’s compensation and social security.
Jubilee USA Network is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of their religious affiliation, race, age, sex, sexual orientation or nature of disability.
Application Process: Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, a 1-2 page writing sample and three work-related references to email@example.com with “Deputy Director Application” in the subject line. No calls, please. Due to the high volume of responses anticipated, personal responses can only be guaranteed for candidates advancing to the next step of the application process.
Closing Date: Until filled.