Job: Education Specialist (UNGEI/Equity in Quality Education), UNICEF, Kathmandu, Nepal
Posted by Sally Carlton on December 19, 2013 at 3:44pm in Job/Consulting Opportunities
Cross-posted from: http://unjoblist.org/vacancy/?287674
Education Specialist (UNGEI/Equity in Quality Education), P-4, Kathmandu, Nepal
Vacancy No: E-VN-2013-002622
Duty Station: Kathmandu
Job Level: P-4
Application Close: 30-Dec-13
Contract Type: Long-term Staff (FT)
Purpose of the Position
Under the general supervision of the Regional Education Adviser, initiates and provides high level policy and programme planning support in matters related to gender and issues of equity in quality education, with special emphasis on Early Child hood Development.
The purpose is also to sustain and enhance the coordination and innovation of the United Nations Girls` Education Initiative (UNGEI) at regional and country levels and strengthening partnerships in South Asia countries. The incumbent provides technical assistance to countries in designing, documenting and implementing activities related to girls` education, and UNGEI and in enhancing the overall approach to equity in quality basic education. The incumbent is based in the ROSA Education section and works under the direct supervision of the Regional Education Adviser.
Key Expected Results
1. Working with the Regional Education Adviser to co-ordinate the UNGEI and also to accelerate progress on Girls` Education and gender in education within the region, including strengthening of partnerships with governments, UN agencies and other organizations working in the field of gender in education, in particular UN agencies, regional Asian bodies, key bilateral agencies and civil society organizations.
2. Actively promote knowledge management through drafting/finalizing key education sectoral programme documents and reports, evidence building, sharing good practice, lessons learned, and knowledge/information exchange, with partnerships and collaborative relationships with all stakeholders, capitalizing on the know-how and network of knowledge institutions in the area of inclusive quality education with special focus on UNGEI and girls` education, and ECD.
3. Promoting inclusive education in the region, including support for policies, and plans to include vulnerable and excluded children and provide them with quality, appropriate education including preprimary and ECD, in collaboration with colleagues from other programme sections, including: HIV/AIDS prevention, Child Protection and Social Protection, WASH, Health and Nutrition.
4. Undertaking Country Office visits to support and monitor initiatives to enhance equity and quality in education, with a specific focus on gender, inclusion, and ECD, identifying necessary actions for programme adjustment and providing technical advice with an emphasis on mainstreaming gender, equity and quality in planning and budgeting.
5. Organizing and participating in meetings and seminars related to advocacy and capacity development of inclusive quality education with a special focus on equity, gender, pre-primary, and ECD and promoting the documentation of lessons learned, evidence building (research) and good practices in these areas at both country and regional levels.
6. Writing regional programme status reports required by management, donors, budget review, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.
7. Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
For more information, please visit: https://careers.unicef.org/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_app…